We Give Back To Those Who Have Served
Our veterans have served their country, and ACASA Senior Care Barrington wants to give back. We show our appreciation by providing outstanding care to our veteran clients. We also provide assistance, insight, and guidance concerning the Aid & Attendance benefit offered to qualifying veterans. It exists to deliver financial assistance for long-term care and ease the mental burdens vets can feel. We encourage you to reach out to our company if your loved one requires assistance. We can help.
The Aid & Attendance Benefit
Veterans Affairs, also called the VA, offers service members and their surviving spouses a tax-free benefit called Aid & Attendance. This benefit was designed to help cover the costs of long-term, in-home care for veterans who require it for at least two activities to maintain their health. IF you are unsure if your loved one qualifies for it, feel free to reach out to ACASA Senior Care Barrington today.
Our Full Range of In-Home Care Services
The Qualifications for Receiving the Aid & Attendance Benefit
There are some requirements to receiving eligibility for this program. They include:
- Must have served at least 90 days of active duty with at least one day during a period of war.
- Must have anything other than a Dishonorable discharge.
- A surviving spouse must have been married to the veteran at the time of his passing.
- Must require the assistance of another person to perform some of the daily activities of living.
- Must meet income and countable asset criteria established by the VA.
- Must be 65 years and older or disabled.
In addition to the above requirements, you must have served in one of the following periods of war:
- World War II: December 7, 1941 – December 31, 1946, inclusive. If the veteran was in service on December 31, 1946, continuous service before July 26, 1947, is considered World War II service.
- Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950 – January 31, 1955, inclusive.
- Vietnam Era: The period beginning on February 28, 1961, and ending on May 7, 1975, inclusive, in the case of a veteran who served in the Republic of Vietnam during that period. The period beginning on August 5, 1964, and ending on May 7, 1975, inclusive, in all other cases.
- Persian Gulf War: August 2, 1990, through a date to be prescribed by Presidential proclamation or law.
What To Expect From ACASA Senior Care Barrington
When you contact us, we will schedule an initial intake appointment. We will conduct an assessment during this appointment to determine whether your loved one qualifies for any special considerations, such as the Aid & Attendance program. Once we have done so, we speak with you to gauge what your family member will need from us. Once we have done so, we can begin caring for them.
Get in Touch with Us Today
Reach out to our team for more information concerning in-home care, a free in-home assessment for your love one utilizing our assessment tool, and a personalized caregiving plan.